DVHS College Boot Camp
DVHS Education Fund Purpose
DVHS Education Fund (formally known as Academic Boosters) is a special collaboration between the parents, administrators, teachers and students at DVHS. Our goal is simple - to raise funds to provide the needed academic support of all Doughtery Valley High School students.
DVHS is one of the top public high schools in the nation. We are consistenly rated at the top because of the amazing teachers, supportive administrators, dedicated staff and involved parents. As parents, we want our children to have the best academic experience possible and that is happening at DVHS every year. Our school is able to provide reduced class sizes, 23 AP classes and a host of honors and elective classes that continue to propell us to the top of the national school rankings. In addition, our school is able to provide students additional supplies and materials to further the classroom instruction. But this can't happen unless we continue to have the financial support of DVHS parents. In addition to what the DVHS Ed Fund already supports, we want to grow our fund to offer even more support to expand academic options to all students. We will work hand in hand with DVHS administrators to make sure the academic goals of the school can be reached.
How are the DVHS Education Funds used?
- Reduce Class Sizes: First, we reduce core academic class sizes (math, science, english) for all grades by purchasing additional sections from the district. This past academic year, we were able to fund 26 additional semester sections. This year, we have already commited to do the same.
- Classroom Donations: Second, once again, our fund is covering the cost of all classroom donations & supplies. What does this mean? To put it simply, once school starts, you will not be getting a letter from your student's teachers asking for additional funds to cover the costs of needed classroom supplies. We are now taking care of this. Examples of supplies we funded last year include:
- science kits
- dissection specimens
- art supplies such as, clay, glaze and paint
- subscriptions for English classes
- Large Capital Purchases: Third, as we approach the 10 year anniversary of Dougherty Valley High School, we want to support the school and students event more. Goals include:
- Increasing donations to make large capital purchases to replace aging equipment,
- Ensuring that all students have access to the latest technology,
- Bolstering the engineering and science departments by providing new classes, equipment and technology,
- Growing the fine arts department by providing additional equipment and supplies.
How do we raise funds?
In order to raise the necessary funds, we are asking parents to contribute $350 per student or $500 per family. This is less than $1/day. If you're able to give more, additional contributions are always welcome, but contributions of ANY amount are gratefully received. As the Education Fund benefits every student attending DVHS, we urge every family to give something - even if you presently are not able to give the full amount.
Mindful of the demands on your time and your wallet, the annual donation drive during registration is the only fundraiser we hold. We don't hold an auction, car wash, meat sale or any other fundraisers during the year. So your support at registration is critial to fullfilling our goals.
Your continued support and contributions will help sustain our school's tradition of academic excellence. Thank you for your support
DVHS Education Fund is a qualified nonprofit organization under IRS Section 501c3.
Tax ID #: 65-1297028