The College and Career Center has many valuable resources for students and parents. Students are welcome anytime for drop-in or one-on-one scheduled appointments to discuss educational goals, explore majors, and discuss the entire college planning process through to graduation. Don't hesitate to e-mail or call with any questions. Please contact Kristin Cranmer, College & Career Center Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (925) 479-6427.
Other Resources and Services
- College Representative Visits: Over 100 College Reps from a variety of universities visit the center each year, primarily in the Fall. All visits are posted in Naviance. Students need to get a pass signed by their teacher in order to miss class. Visit the "College Visits" tab for more information.
- Student appointments: Students are welcome to schedule one-on-one appointments. Topics may include, but are not limited to:
- College, major & career exploration
- College admissions
- College application review
- Essay brainstorming & revision
- Scholarships & financial aid
- Community college
- Military options
- Collegiate sports
- Standardized testing & recommended timelines
- Summer programs, jobs, & internships
- Volunteer opportunities
- Resume & interviewing tips
- Grade Level College Planning Workshops: Throughout the year, students are able to attend workshops to learn more about what they should be doing to prepare for college: creating the "best fit" college list, narrowing the college list, essay-brainstorming, scholarship/financial aid, PSAT score interpretation, resume/interview, and more.
- Admissions Testing Information: Students are often times confused about which tests are recommended (or required) for admissions. There are a variety of materials available to assist students in registering and preparing to take the exams.
- Monthly Parent Brown Bag Lunch Information Sessions- Topics vary by month; open to suggestions
- Other College Events: Throughout the year, the College and Career Center hosts or co-hosts college-related events for both students and parents such as Financial Aid Night, Inside College Admissions, SRVUSD College Night, and college panels.
Junior ACCESS Period College Workshops
The College & Career Center will be holding a series of ACCESS workshops covering various topics related to college admissions.
Students may choose between 2 dates per session, each held during ACCESS. For more information and to sign up, visit "View all upcoming college visits" in Naviance.
Click here for an UPDATED schedule with dates and times.
Session 1: Introducing College Admissions
Session 2: Making the Most of College Visits (Available to students in Grades 9-12)
Session 3: College Application Strategies
Session 4: How to Choose the Best Fit Colleges (2-Part Workshop)
Session 5: How to Survive & Have a Successful Senior Year
Monthly Parent College Information Sessions
Parents of DVHS students are invited to attend an information session to help guide you and
your students through the high school and college planning process. In this month's session
we will hear from Admissions Officer, Ed Devine from Lafayette College, as we learn about
the value of liberal arts colleges.
Monday, March 20