ACADEMIC AWARDS PROGRAM
The Academic Awards Program is sponsored by the Academic Boosters to recognize students for their academic achievements. Students receive recognition for the consecutive semesters in which they receive a grade point average of 3.5 or above. Students receive recognition based on the total number of consecutive semesters overall as indicated below (see below). All classes count toward the grade point average.
- One, two & three semesters – Certificate
- Four semesters – Certificate and DV Block Letter & Torch Lamp Patch
- Five semesters – Certificate and Honor Pin
- Six semesters – Certificate and Academic Pin
- Seven semesters – Certificate and Academic Patch
- National Merit Scholar Finalist – Plaque (presented at the Senior Awards Ceremony)
Eligibility for this year's Academic Awards
Please note that the maximum number of semesters that a senior can accumulate is 7.
Freshmen can only earn one semester their freshman year
|Current Grade||1st semester Freshman year||2nd semester Freshman year||1st semester Sophomore year||2nd semester Sophomore year||1st semester Junior year||2nd semester Junior year||1st semester Senior year|
Academic Awards will be distributed in their English classes in May. Please check your transcript for more information.
Students must fill out this form by March 31st, in order to receive a printed award certificate.