Thursday 12/8 varsity game vs with Valley Christian CANCELLED
Their coach informed me this week that they were not able to get enough boys to tryout for soccer to field a team. We already have 2 games that week so it will not be replaced with another game.
Thanks - Coach Harari
Scheduling Info for 2016-17 Winter Season
We want to communicate to you the schedule for next Winter soccer season as best as we know it as of now. Obviously we do not know who is trying out next year and who will make the teams, but thought this might helpful for planning purposes. Due to the school calendar changes for next year and our change of leagues from DFAL to EBAL, we will have a number of games during school holidays. We expect all players to be at all practices and games. The plan as of now is as follows:
- In most cases, practices Monday - Friday all three teams (freshman, JV, varsity) after school during school and the season
- Tryouts will start on Monday 11/7/16 for all three teams (freshman, JV, varsity)
- We will practice on Friday 11/11 (Veterans Day) in the AM (no school)
- We will practice Monday and Tuesday 11/21 and 11/22 in the AM (no school)
- No practice or school Wed - Sun, 11/23 - 11/27
- We have our first two league games Tuesday 12/20 at home and Thursday 12/22 away (Wed 12/21 is last day of Semester 1 Finals)
- No practice Fri 12/23 - Tue 12/27
- We will practice Wed - Fri, 12/28 -12/30 in the AM (no school)
- No school 1st wk of Jan, but we have league games Tue 1/3 and Thur 1/5 so we will practice Mon and Wed that week
- Then pretty regular school / practice / game schedule rest of Jan and first 2 weeks of Feb.
We will have some additional non-league games in late November and early December - schedule is posted on this site.
Fundraising for 2016-17 season
Players and Parents - as I outlined at our parent meeting Monday night (11/14) we are endeavoring to raise funds for the Men's Soccer program via a crowdfunding effort with a partner eTeamSponsor. Each player was asked to try and produce 10 names and email addresses of people who might want to support our program. Tuesday 11/15 we added about 400 contacts and email addresses into the system - THANK YOU! The campaign should run itself now via the system.
It is important to remind you again that this fundraising campaign is not replacing the recommended voluntary donation amount of $310 per family playing soccer. The campaign is meant to supplement those funds as that is really the bare bones to run the program. If you have questions, please let me know.
Thanks - Coach Harari
Plan on driving?? Unless you are cleared through the Be a Mentor website you will not be allowed to drive our student athletes. Go to Be A Mentor and register today. If you need help uploading your insurance declaration page or your drivers licence stop by the front desk at the school and we can help.